Sunday, May 29, 2011

I'm A Princess

Recently (years really)I have made it a point to search out my life by asking the "who's, what's, where's, why's, when's, and how's" in order to...

"You will seek Me and find Me when you search for me with all your heart." Jer. 29:13 "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter but the glory of kings to search out a matter." Pro. 25:2

You see, adoption and the lack there of (spiritually) have effected me (and everyone else on this world) more than I knew it at the time. Make sense? Again, wish I were speaking to you all instead.... of writing.

To me adoption was a great thing as a kid (still is, but for more eternal reasons). As if my Koreaness didn't already; it set me apart. And for that matter it set me on a pedestal. Just ask me! In short it was one part of my ticket to Awesome town. Adoption was also a great tool in manipulation. For better and for worse I rarely used adoption during my manipulation efforts... This is not one of those times.

Let me introduce you alll to my siblings. We are all just about 2yrs. (give or take) apart from each other. This is about as good as we look (I tried) at my brother's wedding last May. Jeff is 28yo and sandwiched between myself (29yo) and our sister (to be 26yo). Lucky him! Although, this post isn't really about him, but he is the middle child and I didn't want to encourage his middle child attitude any further ;-)



All this is to say that I get a giggle over one childhood event ....

Now, I am not sure how old I was when this occurred, but my sister says that she has a clear memory of this.... soooooo perhaps I might have been in 3rd or 4th grade. It would fit into a time of some of my great lies that were told :-) Anyways, it was a time when I NEEDED some extra hands in my chores and apparently a boost to my ego.

The gist of the conversation between my sister and I....

Me: "I bet you didn't know that I was a princess in Korea."

Erin: "Really?"

Me: "Yep. I only came here b/c I was too popular to be there. Mom and Dad don't talk about it much b/c it reminds them of when I will have to go back and be a queen."

Erin: eyes wide

Me: "So it might be good that you bow and serve me while I am here, but don't do it in front of Mom and Dad. Okay?"

Erin: "OKAY!"

Well, I don't remember how long she bowed down and served me, but my sister (last time it was mentioned... I thinkI) claimed that it lasted weeks, but I would think shorter. Though, I am sure that it felt like weeks! I do know that I wasn't too upset when it all came crashing down b/c I was already up to my next..... "idea." Pretty sure that was the creation of the "Pet Toy Fund" and yes, I was the money holder.... Did I mention that I was an amazing big sister?

Is there a lesson here? Ummm.... Don't be fooled, kids sin. Even us cute ones! Well, it just goes to show that I have had pride and power issues since the beginning. Sigh. That and my imagination was better back then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a genius! That is hilarious :)

Melissa
www.thecorkums.com

Tasha said...

HAHAHA!!! This story cracks me up!

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates