Thursday, April 21, 2011

In a Split Second....

So, I am sitting thinking about what a horrible blogger I am. There are so many thoughts that I can't wait to get to, but the one thought that stops me is that I should answer or continue my thoughts on separation BEFORE I move on to some other not so deep subject matter.

The problem and the reason why it is so hard for me to continue is b/c I know from the get go that I cannot do this justice.

But I will try and I will try by doing it on the "fly." (Not my style.)

So what is the answer to "separation" and sin? It should be obvious.... It is to be brought together into a right relationship. In the case of my own orphanhood the answer was to be brought into a parent/child relationship. Easy right? Ha!

This is where a very valid thought occurs....

"I don't know if I could love a child that I did not give birth to."

Let's face it, what use are the titles Mom, Dad, Son, Daughter if there is not the commitment to love as such? This is a thought that many may never say out loud. And to be honest it was a thought that occurred to me during the process of adopting our daughter, but to be fair I had the similar thought of, "What if I don't this boy as much as I love my first?" during the pregnancy of my 2nd son. (More on this another time...)

As a Christian, I can readily understand that love may be more defined by the journey of sacrifice than anything else. What I mean is that love is constantly being tried and tested. It is by the grace of God that I believe we (humanity) has the ability to come together, in any form, in love, but especially as a child to a parent.


Charis (greek form of grace):

1) grace
a) that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
2) good will, loving-kindness, favour
a) of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues
3) what is due to grace
a) the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace
b) the token or proof of grace, benefit
1) a gift of grace
2) benefit, bounty
4) thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward

It is the overflow of God's grace to us that allows us to love with a "parental" kind of love. (Quick note. Charis was nearly Rose's name.) And I believe that the overflow of is on such a "God" level that it touches all of creation to some degree even to those that don't even acknowledge His status as Lord of all.

In very, very short that which unites a child and parent(s) is done by the grace of God. Believe me, there is much, much more to come about this throughout the blog simply because it is also by this same grace that I live.

I apologize that this is also so incomplete, but it would be a book and not a blog if I put every thought that I have here in this post. Besides, I have 3 kids. That isn't happening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates